Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let's Plow



After the touching tribute made to John Hughes' legendary and visionary film career at the Academy Awards, I felt enticed to pay my very own tribute. I must state that I have a very deep and meaningful relationship with several of his films. Do we even need to talk about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Some Kind of Wonderful is so personal to me, because it's more or less my life. Pretty in Pink found me and changed me at age thirteen. Christmas Vacation is the very glue that binds my family together. Everything this man touched turned to gold. From Sixteen Candles to Uncle Buck. Starting with Vacation and stretching all the way towards Dennis the Menace. I have loved every product of this man's brilliant career. And in a lot of ways, his stories made me feel understood. I can watch them over and over again. That fact will remain. He will be missed, but his name will live on in infamy, as it is attached to some of the greatest films of all time. I'm in need of a little help to wrap this baby up, so I've enlisted the help of Duckie to aid in concluding this tribute. I give you, the substance of the man's genius... Try a Little Tenderness.

2 comments: