Thursday, April 29, 2010

Confessions of a Sleepoholic

I'm tired. Oh, soooo... tired. On Tuesday and Thursday, I have classes all... day... long... I begin at 8AM and finish at 6:30PM. I'm enjoying my course load, but I'm still discovering how to manage my over-active anxiety on Monday and Wednesday nights. My nerves are probably preparing me for the long day ahead, but consequently giving me some troubled nights.

Last night for example, I awoke to go 'tinkle tankle' in the 'toy toy'. The bathroom is so far from my bedroom. You have to enter three doors to arrive at the 'throne'. I was so delirious when I arose from my grave; I leaned over Eva's bed and said, "When I get back we'll switch, okay?" Umm... What? She didn't say anything, and I proceeded on my path to Relief City. On my adventure to the 'toy toy' I assumed and believed Eva and I would be switching beds when I returned. It wasn't until I arrived back in our bedroom that I realized switching beds in the middle of the night is creepy and not a social norm. I, well, briefly lost my mind. I definitely woke-up poor Eva, and freaked her out, because in my glorious (weird) return to the bedroom she asked, "Are you okay?" I nonchalantly said,"Yeah." Not believing me, she asked again, "Are you sure you're okay??" I knew what she was getting at, but I didn't know how to explain my bizarre and unique thought process, so I merely attempted to brush-it-off. I guess I was fine, but I clearly struggled to get a grasp on reality.

This happening shed new light on a common verbal exchange Eva and I often have. She asked me once where I stood on an issue. In all my hilarity I answered, "Where do I stand? I stand over your bed, while you're sleeping." This phrase stuck immediately. We love to say it and we think it's a 'knee-slapper'. Clearly, it's no longer a joke. It came to pass.

I am a sleep stalker/hoverer. Jank!

1 comment:

  1. It would probably benefit me to use this gem of a tool known as the internet to study for the test I am about to take but instead I am much happier and satisfied with where I am at this point in my life just because I stopped to read this. Thank you, Emily Rita Hale, thank you.

    ReplyDelete