Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does This Look Swollen?

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, most famously collaborated for the film Once. Through this collaboration they were awarded an Oscar for Best Original Song. Now, they're back as The Swell Season with a debut album entitled Strict Joy. This is musical fusion at its finest.

This album in all its entirety is so important to me. There is some serious magical, soul happening. The melodies and lyrics are personal and exquisitely deep. They sing about things, I never knew I was feeling. I was struck right away with a few songs on their album, one being, Two Tongues. That song has stickers all over it (E-squared reference). I also dig Low Rising. I grew to love this song, because I think the music video is pure art. It's so beautiful and creative. Also, check out The Rain, it's a tear-jerker. I can't handle it. Please, please, please take a listen to, Fantasy Man. Heavens, this song is totally brill!




1 comment:

  1. Stickers are everywhere. The world would benefit greatly from reading this post. The Swell Season... Double team!

    ReplyDelete