Monday, August 27, 2012

Even In a Street Fight

Passion: An intense desire or enthusiasm for something. 

Please bare this in mind as I explain a simple truth. With the exception of my very vocal opinion, there exists an unspoken competition between Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion. 



I would like to share some specific, concrete, and undiputable facts as to why Barbra Streisand is unequivicooly the more talented entity. When it comes to this topic, 9 times out of 10 I am met with the opposing opinion.

If you Looovvvveeee Celine Dion... Great!

If you prefer her to Barbra Streisand... I'll admit I'm confused, but I'll fully support you... but...

... and there is a big BUT, if any living soul at any point claimed Celine Dion to be more talented than Barbra Streisand, there will be no time for words... just bloodhshed. 

If you've seen Funny Girl, and you still prefer Celine over Babs... I'm so sorry, but you're wrong. Disgraceful!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I hear this, and even more so when people actually believe it. Celine Dion has a set of pipes, a nice pair of legs for good-measure, and the woman is French-Canadian for heaven's sake. I've gotta give it up to her, she's got talent. I admit it, but that's not the issue here. Celine Dion is without a doubt talented, but is she AS talented as Barbra? I'm embarrassed for you for even asking. 

Does she have 8 Grammy's? Nope. Is she one of the very few entertainers to be awarded an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony? Oh that's right... No, again. Does Celine Dion write, act, direct, sing, record, perform, all at once? You must be outta yo mind! NO.

Look, I don't want to make waves, but there's just enough hurt and sadness in the world, and I don't think I can greet another day if this issue isn't resolved. I think it's pretty clear who is... I'll say it, "better." Lets just let some things make sense in this crazy world. This is a great opportunity to learn about accepting truth. 

Barbra Streisand not only trumps Celine Dion in every creative category, but if a street fight broke out... Babs would beat Celine Dion's heart until it didn't go on. See what I did there? Titanic reference. 

Give it up, Celine! Babs will NEVER be knocked off her throne... But good luck, and 
I hope your life is happy with your Grandpa... Pardon me, Father... Oops again... Honestly, I meant to say manager.

2 comments:

  1. We're in a fight. It seems to me that YOU'RE the only one who feels the need to create a competition between Celine and Babs. You're seeking out contention, Emily Rita Hale, and Barbra would be disappointed in your behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets be clear, it's fine if you like Celine better! Really it is... It's just that Barbra is more talented. That's all I'm saying! Lets not fight over this, okay?

    ReplyDelete